Saturday, March 23, 2013

Playing For Keeps

I hadn't seen the cover and knew nothing about this film, so I expected it to be a low budget B movie. Jessica Beal was a known star, her husband didn't stand out and the lead actor was familiar but I didn't remember his name (Gerard Butler).

Then all of these stars showed up during a soccer game, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman, and Catherine Zeta Jones. Hmm, this might be more than a B movie. It was pretty good. Jeanne and I liked it, but it was a lot like a Hallmark movie. You know, fairly predictable plot. Happy ending..but wait, maybe that ending wasn't so happy.

Anyhow, it was worth seeing. I'm not sure if this is one I'd need to see again but it was a good evenings entertainment. Judy Greer was in a great supporting role and I loved what they did with her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment