Friday, March 23, 2012

The Adventures Of Tintin

New out on DVD, the adventures of Tintin is a mystery to me. The comic strip is unknown to me maybe from the 30's or 40's? Now technically it was a great piece of work. The animation is supurb, the action believable, little bits of humor were all there and yet I found it lacking. No matter how good the animation, it's still animation and the peril just doesn't have that ring of truth. Many of the scenes seemed reminiscent of something from Indiana Jones, but the peril wasn't convincing. When watching the Jones movies you'd ask yourself, "How did they do that?" But you don't have that element of awe when watching a motion capture animation. This is a far cry from "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," and yet the fantastic adventure scenes were still lacking.
After all that, I highly recommend the movie, you wouldn't want to miss it and you may find the little things that bothered me silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment